Bragg Creek Dump
The waste transfer site, commonly known as the dump, is located at the top of Elbow Rise in Bragg Creek. Cross the Balsam Ave. bridge over the Elbow River and turn right, towards Wintergreen. Turn left in about a kilometre. There's a sign.
Hours of operation
Wednesday 11 AM to 7 PM
Saturday 9 AM to 5 PM
Rockyview County Waste Manangement fees
Household Garbage (1 tag-a-bag ticket per bag)
Anything that can't be recycled like alkaline batteries, garden funiture, construction waste, plate glass, etc.
- Mixed Paper
- White Glass bottles
- Automotive batteries
- Fluorescent light bulbs (residential)
- Electronic waste
- Tires (rims removed)
- Household plastics marked with the recycle logo (must be clean, no Styrofoam)
- Waste wood from construction
- Grass and leaves (seasonal)
- Christmas trees (seasonal)
- Branches-less than 6 in. diameter (no stumps, these would be garbage)
- Cell phones
- Propane tanks
- Appliances (fridges, freezers, water coolers, $15 charge for Freon removal)
- Wire (must be rolled and free of non metal items)
- Obsolete agricultural pesticides
- Empty agricultural pesticide containers (must be triple rinsed)
- Household hazardous waste, including paint, motor oil, antifreeze and aerosols.
- There's a bin for good used clothing
Returnable bottles (pop, beer, wine, juice boxes) are not accepted at the dump. Take them to a bottle depot.
You can sometimes find a cast-off gem that you can use. I got a toboggan, friends got a garden bench.
There's a charge for household waste - one ticket per bag. All the recycling is free. It is managed by the Rockyview County.
If you want to talk to the people of Bragg Creek, the dump is the place to go. Politicians, fund raisers and gossip mongers make good use of it.