Free Fun in the Foothills
Western Culture - Outdoor Adventure
We have lots to offer visitors. Everything from a snack to a fine meal – from camping equipment to elegant fashions. Our shops have original arts & crafts, antiques and unique accessories for you and your home.
Need help? Call the doctor, the vet or a mechanic.
Need a rest? Try one of our B&Bs.
Looking for excitement? Our outdoor adventure guides will give you a thrill.
Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains between Calgary and Banff, Bragg Creek is a gateway to Kananaskis adventure, offering visitors a delightful mix of country pleasures, unique shopping, fine dining and accommodation.
- Hitch your horse or park your vehicle - free parking in Bragg Creek.
- Take a hike - on some of the hundreds of kilometres of trails in the Elbow Valley of Kananaskis, in West Bragg Creek and the Provincial Park.
- Enjoy a stroll in the hamlet.
- Go mountain biking.
- Swim, fish or skate at Allen Bill Pond.
- Picnic at Elbow Falls.
- Toboggan the big slopes on Route 66 or in the West Bragg Creek Day Use Area.
- Browse in over 50 shops.
- Raft, canoe or kayak the Elbow River.
- Ride horseback into the Kananaskis back country.
- Take advantage of some great photo opportunities – the scenery is spectacular.
- Go antique hunting.
- Find bargains at a garage sale.
- Watch the birds, animals and interesting people.
- Blaze your own trail on cross-country skis, snowshoes or snowmobile.
- Walk your dog.
- Ride your dirt bike or ATV on McLean Creek OHV trails.
- Make a campfire and roast a weenie in any of the Day Use Areas of Kananaskis.