Bragg Creek Scarecrow Festival Gallery
- Cutest -Joey's/Loko's Straw/square/spongebob!
- 2nd. cutest- Best Little Wordhouse!
- Scariest- Moose Mtn. General store's hanging bandit guy!
- 2nd. scariest- Bragg Creek Insurance!
- Best Animal- Shell's Crowscare!
- 2nd. Best animal- Belcourt Groomers' dog!
- Best Human- IDA pharmacy for their Alzeen mini-me!
- 2nd. best human was a 2-way tie between the Bavarian Inn's pirate and the physio's acupuncture runner!
- Best multiple character display- the Countrywood's insurance claim display!
- 2nd. Best multiple character display- the Powderhorn Saloon's shootout gang!
The first annual Bragg Creek Scarecrow Festival officially began on October 4, 2013. Winners were judged by popular vote and announced October 16.
Scarecrows have been popping up all over the hamlet. Brilliant, creative, beautiful expressions of folk art that enliven our community recently ravaged by a devastating flood. Many of the artworks refer to the flood with scarecrows sporting mud caked boots, water related subjects and the nod to insurance companies disputing claims. Others are tributes to our volunteer Redwood Meadows Emergency Services team who recently held the "Hero's in the Sky" fundraising event. The Banded Peak Primary school provided many of the scarecrows featuring fictional characters. Many businesses developed themes that reflect the products or services they offer.
Here is a gallery of all the characters that I could find scattered along roadsides or throughout the malls. I apologize if I have the labels wrong or if I missed some.
For more information, visit the Scarecrow Festival Facebook page
or read our article on the event